Thursday, May 7, 2015

First Post: Daily Makeup Look- Full coverage for oily/acne prone skin!

Hey, everyone! Welcome to my blog. [:
I'm Christina, and I used to use this blog in conjuction with my YouTube channel, chrisheartsmakeup11, for those of you who are interested in checking out my old videos from high school. Warning: I never did get past that awkward stage, so brace yourselves.
I'm 22, live in sunny California, eat clean, love to write, and am a server at a restaurant.
My channel- and this blog- used to have makeup tutorials, product reviews, outfit of the day posts, organization tips, and so much more that I've found useful! It's amazing to look back and see what I've learned and how I've grown, but it would have been nice if I had been more consistent.
I've gone through stages where I've tried to get up and running only to hit a road block each time. I definitely prayed about it, and I feel like God felt left out of my plans.
Around the beginning of fall last year, I started a makeup business with my sister, only to have it fade away shortly after Halloween due to my coming down with Lyme Disease. 
It took awhile for me to get diagnosed properly, then to accept it, then to start a protocol, and then to finally feel better.
At this time, I finally feel like I can keep pursuing my dreams. I am a servant of The Lord, and I definitely think He has great plans for me. For now, I want to bring my plans to His attention in hopes of Him blessing this blog.
I'm also planning on going back to school in the fall, something I stopped doing to pursue a career in makeup, for either business or to continue and finish my communications degree.
I love reviewing products and anything that has to do with analyzing and planning- mostly because I'm just way too opinionated... and I suffer from overthinking. It's kind of a problem.
Anyway, enough about me. I'm sure you all want to know what my everyday makeup looks like, and if you don't, here it is anyway!

So here it is! My makeup looks pretty flippin' awesome in my opinion, considering the fact that I have horrible acne underneath it all and my skin is usually super oily. This makeup look is my go-to for work and for really any day because it is so fool-proof. Just as a little forewarning, this is a product-heavy routine. However, there are a ton of budget options in here, and the price of beauty can be quite high. You're worth it, though; I promise. And before you guys think I am super un-confident and am promoting "fake beauty," I just want to say that I go without makeup the days I don't work and I don't care who sees. My boyfriend calls me beautiful, and even if he didn't, I know I am because The Lord made everyone beautiful. Makeup is simply a hobby and an interest of mine. I could live without it, but that's a tangent for another day.
Here's what I use to create this look:
1. Foundation: I mix the Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Ivory and the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Shell Beige on my hand with my fingers to warm it up. The CG foundation is a bit too light on me, while the L'Oreal is too dark. I love the consistency this gives as the L'Oreal is a demi-matte and the CG is a matte. The coverage is also unbeatable! I blend these together on my face with a buffing foundation brush.
2. Contour/Highlight: Next, I use the Maybelline Fit Me! Shine Free Foundation Stick in Cappuccino to contour- just apply it to the parameters of your face straight from the stick and blend with a buffing brush! To highlight, I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser in Light Pale, on all the areas the sun would hit and all the areas that are not darkened with contour-separate post on this to come! Blend away with another buffing brush- I literally have like ten.
3. Setting: To set the base, I first use my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer directly on top of the contouring product to set the shadows of my face. For the highlights-everywhere else- I use my Too Faced Amazing Face Powder in Vanilla Creme.
4. Blush and Glow: For blush, I used my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed to blend upward from the bronzer just under- and around- the apple. For the apples of my cheeks, I used Milani's Powder Blush in Tea Rose with a light hand- it picks up a ton of color! Lastly, I used Wet N Wild's Fergie Highlight in Rose Champagne Glow on the bridge of my nose and the top of cheekbones.

Now for the finishing touches!
Simple as can be! I added extra shimmer with Benefit's Watts Up stick highlighter to the very top of cheekbones, inner corner of eyes, tip of nose, and Cupid's bow. This really helped me to look glowy.
I then added some of Revlon's Grow Luscious Lash Potion Mascara, my legit favorite mascara, pretty generously as I avoided eyeliner today. 
I just filled in my brows with the brunette color in the Too Faced Brow Envy kit, added a Maybelline Matte Lipstick in Touch of Spice and spritzed the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray to keep everything looking good all day! This makeup look lasted a good 12 hours on me before I noticed fading around my nose, which is why it's my holy grail routine.
Hope you enjoyed, and keep checking back for more posts!
-Christina




No comments:

Post a Comment