Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What I Eat in a Day!

As I mentioned in my first post, I have Chronic Lyme Disease, which requires me to eat a mostly clean diet on top of taking medication to actually treat the infection. This diet is hard to keep up most of the time, so I started to Instagram my food, which I love doing! It really keeps me on top of things and gives me inspiration when I'm getting into a rut or am craving something I know will make me sick.

I'm going to outline a little for you here the things I will typically eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner by looking through my Instagram posts. Feel free to follow me on Instagram as there are lots of sweet recipes and other fun things to come. So without further adieu, here we go!

For breakfast, I normally have a cup of either Dandelion, Ginger, or Decaf Green tea from Yogi, Traditional Medicinals, or Celestial Teas. Herbal teas are a necessity in my healing, and they keep me from wanting coffee- I used to only drink iced coffee anyway, not for caffeine, but for taste! I typically drink a giant mason jar full of water and sometimes squeeze fresh lemon and cucumber in it!


I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to make a smoothie and going over all the ingredients, so that will be in a post to come! However, that's what I usually have for breakfast. If I don't have plans, I will have a mid morning breakfast- think 11 am- and that will be either gluten free waffles or toast with peanut butter and cinammon. I only have one banana per day, so if I have it in my smoothie, no bananas for my toast!

The top photo is something I would make myself for lunch if I was eating at home. It's an omelette with tomato, spinach and onions. I do not have cheese in my omelettes because I try to do without dairy when I can! 

Lunch varies because I'm usually not home. If I'm at work- a restaurant- I will eat a garden salad with a scoop of tuna salad on top and lemon as a sub for dressing! If I'm going out, I go to Chipotle and get a veggie bowl with black beans and brown rice, just lettuce, mild sauce, guacamole and grilled peppers. I squeeze lemon on top of it to give it some flavor!

Dinner varies a LOT! For dinner, sometimes I don't eat meat, so I'll make a ton of veggies in a pot. I love yams, carrots, broccoli, and asparagus! I also like to add black beans to anything.

Here are some other examples of dinner. I absolutely LOVE avocado, black beans, and quinoa! The top photo is quinoa stuffed red peppers with yams on the side. The bottom is avocado slices, marinated chicken, and a mix of black beans, red quinoa, onion, and cilantro. Of course, I squeezed fresh lemon on all of this and enjoyed! :]

And this is what I actually ate one day as I went through, snack included! My snacks usually consist of cucumber, celery, baby carrots, and green apples. 
The top left is gluten free sandwich bread, avocado with garlic salt, and tomato slices.
Top right is my smoothie: plant protein powder, almond milk, cinnamon, cacao nibs, banana, natural peanut butter, oats, chia seeds and flaxseed! This is my favorite part of my day, especially when I add blackberries!
Bottom left is my snack that I took with me to my sister's house that day, celery and cucumber slices.
Bottom right is broccoli, carrots, and sweet potatoes, which I took to my sister's for a late afternoon snack, as I had a late dinner that night.

PHEW! That was a lot! Usually, it's not that easy to eat all of my meals one hundred percent healthy. Sometimes I go out for gluten free veggie pizza, treat myself to super dark chocolate, or eat some gluten free granola. However, THAT to me is cheating, and that's a lot better than I used to eat!
Have a good day, everyone! And please remember to feed your body good foods and don't deprive yourself of what you need to fight diseases! Stay tuned for more and feel free to request more healthy posts! :]









No comments:

Post a Comment